Here are some commonly asked questions that you may have about your order!
Q: I emailed a few hours ago & haven't received a response yet:
Black Salt is a one-woman-operated shop, babes! That means there's only one person doing absolutely everything here. All sizing, exchange inquiries, and other product-related questions will be answered within one business day (24 hours). Please allow extra time if inquiry is sent over the weekend as I am typically away from my studio.
PS: If you have sent a product/order-related question and haven't heard back within one business day, make sure you entered your email address correctly on our contact form. If you made a misspelling in your email, we get a bounceback email and cannot respond to your question. You can always contact us directly at email@example.com.
If you are a blogger/photographer inquiring about a collab, sorry, I do not respond to any these requests and they are immediately marked as spam.
Q: When will my order ship?!
All information on shipping can be found on our shipping page. Very rarely, but sometimes Black Salt may be on a quick vacation; In this case, I will note the top of our web site that there will be a delay in shipping orders and give an expected ship date of any items ordered while I am away. Thanks for your patience during that time.
Q: I submitted an order and never received an order confirmation.
Order confirmations are automatically emailed to you immediately after order submission. Check your spam folder just in case the email went there. If you still didn't receive one, chances are your email address was misspelled at order submission. If there was a misspelling in your email address, we receive a bounceback email when the order confirmation is sent out. There is no way for us to know what your correct email address is in this case, so we can't fix the error ourselves.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you didn't receive a confirmation. We can fix the email address error and resend confirmation to the correct email.
Q: I bought something on sale but it doesn't fit; can I return/exchange it?
No, sorry. Per our exchange policy, noted on each product page, all items purchased at a sale price or with a discount code of 30% or more are marked as final sale and cannot be exchanged for store credit/returned. We do our best to list all size measurements on our site but if you have a specific question about fit/sizing/etc, please email us or use the "ask a question" feature on the product page before buying so we can assist.
Q: I sent back my exchange; when will I get my store credit/other merchandise?
Please allow 3-5 business days for processing of all exchanges after they have been delivered back to Black Salt. All info about exchanges can be found on our exchange policy page. Exchanges are not processed over the weekends.
Q: My discount code / store credit / gift card isn't working
If the discount code you're entering does not work, it may be because the code has either has expired or does not apply to the product you're buying. If you believe this is an error, just shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll look into it as soon as we can! Please note if a special sale discount code has expired, we cannot extend it.
Q: What does a preorder entail?
Oftentimes, we'll have items available for preorder so you can get first dibs before they arrive at the shop. An estimated ship date is typically listed on the product page. Item(s) will ship out to you as soon as we receive them.
- Preorders cannot be canceled once the order is submitted.
- Please order any in-stock items separately from your preordered item unless you prefer to wait and have the order ship complete. Any in-stock items ordered along with preordered items will not ship until the preordered items arrive to us and are ready to ship out. This is to save on costs and packaging waste.
- We have the right to cancel a preorder at any time if, by chance, the style is canceled by the brand, if there was an error in production, or if our shipment has size discrepancies that don't match what was sold. We will, of course, notify you if the preorder is canceled and refund you the full amount of your order.
Q: Where is the clothing from? Is it ethically made? Made in America?
The vast majority of the brands we carry ethically make their items right here in the USA (Sugarhigh Lovestoned, Valfre, Daydreamer, Novella Royale, I'm With The Band). Spell brand items are made in China, but as an ethical brand, they're committed to ensuring all factories they work with abide by a strict code of conduct and are socially & ethically accredited via independent certification bodies (such as WRAP, SEDEX & BSCI). Rolla's is also focusing on ethically made items in approved factories, as well as sustainability. You can see more about Rolla's ethics here: https://rollas.com.au/us/csr
Q: When you will restock " " item?
Some styles like Rolla's cord and denim flares are restocked every few months as they are staple styles from the brand. Availability on certain colorways, however, depends on if that color is offered from Rolla's that season. We rarely restock other items once they sell out. Majority of the time, it's because an item is no longer available for us to reorder from the brand; sometimes it's just time to move onto new styles!
Q: $70 for a band t-shirt?! WHY?
1. These are ethically made in California. The people making these shirts get paid a livable wage. I.E, these are not made in a sweatshop in China by someone making a few cents an hour. Band tee shirts at F21/Target/Walmart, etc, are $14.99 because they're made in sweatshops.
2. They're not mass produced shirts. They are limited edition and exclusive to the brand.
3. Shirts are not screenprinted on Hanes or Fruit of the Loom tees, etc. The brand makes the shirts themselves; each is handcrafted with special treatments to feel like a true vintage tee (ie, super soft)
4. These aren't bootleg shirts. Each tee is officially licensed by the band. (that def. costs $$ to get licensing!) And each tee design must be approved by the musicians' teams.
5. Authentic vintage band tour tees can go for $150 - $450+, and they can be hard to find, not in the right size, or have damage, so these are a great alternative to someone who wants that vintage look for less but also buying ethically.
Q: I'm a blogger/photographer and want to collab!
Sorry, babes. Black Salt does not collaborate with bloggers. Black Salt is a boutique, not a clothing brand. We are not a clothing line ourselves. We also do not lend out clothing to photographers for shoots.
I could list the million reasons why we're against blogger culture, but I'll just say, if you love something from the shop, support a small, one-woman-run business and buy something!